Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend trip to Kagoshima 3/3

Started off the morning with some sightseeing - can't remember the name of the observatory deck but we can see sakurajima and the city from here!!!




souvenir shop


Lunch at zabo ramen!! it has been 7 years...

Hina chan and my shoes XD

simple and nice 

I gave my keychain to Hina chan.. I really liked it, but I parted with it because I had no souvenir for her... *heartbreaks

Hina #1

Hina #2

Hina #3


Ryo chan, who is amused by a lot of things haha


Off to Sengan-en Garden!! (my house.. LOL)




Nishizono san trying some experience stuff

lovely weather






Happy Nishizono family ^_^


She didn't want to leave...haha


Sakurajima Eruption!

In 2014, Sakurajima erupted as much as 450 times - one of the most active volcanoes in Japan. Today I saw 3 eruptions already! It is very common for the folks here but I watched in awe as the volcano emitted these smoke and ashes. Hinako's mum explained that the falling ashes make daily life very troublesome, people with contact lenses have their eyes irritated, cars get covered with the ashes, they can't do laundry. Yet on the volcanic island now, the 5,000 folks are probably just eating lunch or doing their own thing. Watching the smoke disperse is strangely addictive, Mother Nature, you are truly amazing.

The famous mochi in Sengan-en. I also received a fan as souvenir from Hinako's mum :)


Eruption again!

Skymark Airlines


I see Tokyo Tower!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE AND KAGOSHIMA!
So I’m back to the crowded Tokyo :(

I had dinner with Kuroki San at Nishi Nippori station Waraku before heading home. 






All these food for two!!!!



Here comes the gist of today’s post. - I had a bit of trouble with the journey back home. First it was entering the gantry of the station. So I headed back to the gate that we exited to have dinner, and apparently I shouldn’t have because that route was for people who is transferring from Yamanote line to Chiyoda line. I exited and had dinner, which means it was a new journey and there is another gantry for new journeys (sigh… Why so complicated). My card kept getting rejected at the transfer gate, and the train staff wasn’t been very helpful. I really thought I was unable to get home :( I went up and down and up and down the station and finally… luckily I tried another gantry and was informed of the situation by another staff and paid 140yen to exit and entered the new gantry.

Then, something else happened. A guy was walking very quickly pass me and dropped his handkerchief. I picked it up to pass it to him, but he realised and turned around to pick it up too, so I passed to him directly. He said thank you and left, walking towards the OPPOSITE DIRECTION (hmm why did you entered to take the train, dropped a hanky and decided to go to the exit?). He was also looking at me in a way that made me really uncomfortable.. I continued to walk towards the platform and 5 secs later he came back to me and said “Oneesan, I don’t know the time now, can you please tell me the time now?”, looking very awkward and squirmy, which really made me very uncomfortable. I told him it was 10pm, and he said thank you and left towards the exit again.. (Again then why was he hurrying towards the platform before that…) after that I feel so scared and kept looking around to see if there are suspicious people.

Maybe I’m paranoid but I now appreciate Singapore’s safety. In Singapore I still do get called out sometimes by random people…-_- But I never once felt scared. I’m not sure if this is a case of getting used to.. Or that I shouldn’t never get used to these…

No comments: