Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ピリカラこんにゃく

ピリカラこんにゃく☆
Pirikara Konnyaku

こんにゃくがダイスキ
Ingredients: Dashi Tsuyu, Konnyaku, Togarashi

だし汁が入れすぎそうだったw
でもおいしかった♪
I think I put too much dashi tsuyu.
But it was nice :)



I think a lot of people don't know what Konnyaku is made of.
It's actually made of a root similar to yam, and the components are water and dietary fibre only.
So it is a good diet food :)

Sometimes you see them in Oden (Japanese winter stew). Konnyaku itself has no taste, and is eaten more for its texture. It is not "agar agar" though it looks like it.

There was a case whereby the sales of a Konnyaku jelly brand MannanLife were suspended when kids actually choked on the chewy jelly. I love that brand but now it's gone~ maybe they will be back once they make the size 'kids-and-elderly-proof'.

I'm sure you guys have seen this jelly before!
Read the article at http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20081009a3.html

No comments: